Why I Write
- I can take a line like – “She could have been pretty once, even beautiful” – and go a hundred different directions.
- Because words can be so powerful, so beautiful, they hurt the heart – in a good way.
- Unlike real life, I can choose vindication.
- Everyone likes to be carried away.
- Whenever someone says, “Let me tell you a story…,” everyone listens.
- With every sentence I can twist the story in a new direction. The difficult thing is choosing just one.
- I like my characters, even when they’re really bad.